Pawtucket Central Falls Development (PCF Development) develops and manages affordable housing in Pawtucket and Central Falls, RI. Since 1990, the non-profit community development corporation has led neighborhood revitalization efforts by making strategic investments in the health and well-being of these communities. PCF envisions healthy neighborhoods for all. The organization empowers residents to affect change by sponsoring programs that promote community development and encourage economic opportunity.
We are a team of of individuals passionate about the health and well-being of our community.
Community Roots Since 1989
PCFD first began when a group of individuals partnered with City of Pawtucket officials to make recommendations about how to counter deteriorating housing conditions in several Pawtucket neighborhoods. The task force led to the incorporation of the Pawtucket Citizens Development Corporation (CDC) as a non-profit, community development corporation to improve housing and strengthen neighborhoods throughout the local community.
Scroll horizontally or use the arrow to navigate.
- The Pawtucket Citizens Development Corporation receives its 501(c)(3) status.
- PCDC partners with the Women’s Development Corporation to develop 18 units of rental housing in Woodlawn known as Neighborhood Preservation Apartments.
- PCDC worked with the Pawtucket Credit Union and the Federal Home Loan Bank to develop 15 units of rental housing in Pleasant View and Woodlawn.
- PCDC developed 9 homes for first-time home buyers and 38 affordable apartments.
- PCDC collaborated with other Pawtucket agencies to create a Neighborhood Revitalization Plan for the Barton Street neighborhood.
- Awarded Neighborhood Preservation Award from the Preservation Society of Pawtucket for 232 High Street.
- Awarded Community Champion Award from Citizens Bank.
- Awarded Neighborhood Preservation Award from the Preservation Society of Pawtucket for the Barton Street Revitalization Apartments.
- PCDC completes Callaghan Gardens: 13 homes for 1st time home buyers.
- PCDC completes 141 Montgomery Street – three units of rental housing.
- Blackstone Valley Gateways I is completed, 33 units of affordable rental housing plus 4,000 square feet of commercial space in the Barton Street neighborhood.
- PCDC completes Pacific Street – 5 affordable rental units in historic preservation rehabs in Central Falls.
- PCDC completes Linden Tree Place – 11 units for homeless youth aging out of foster care.
- July 1st: Pawtucket Citizens Development Corporation merges with REACH – creating the Pawtucket Central Falls Development Corporation.
Linda Weisinger becomes the Executive Director of PCF Development.
Executive Director Nancy Whit retires after 14 years of service to the organization.
Linda Weisinger takes the lead, bringing more than 20 years experience in affordable housing and homeownership development.
After more than 30 years, there is still work to do
We’ve been working hard to equip families in Pawtucket & Central Falls with affordable home ownership, safe and clean affordable apartments, and the tools to achieve their dreams of ownership and sustainable rental management.
PCF Development is poised and ready to successfully deliver another 30 years of the kinds of community investment that can change lives.
Help Us Continue Our Work
Donations support a family’s dream of a safe & affordable home.